Dear supporter of Friendship Gardens:
Thank you for your contribution to Friendship Gardens, Headwaters Health Care Centre. We never cease to be amazed at how truly generous individuals and businesses in this community are with their time, financial donations, equipment and labour.
Some of the highlights of this season were:
• We participated with Town of Orangeville in national Communities In Bloom contest, for communities up to 35,000 and won!
• Our PERENNIAL plant sale, held annually, was the most successful ever.
• We unloaded 12 truckloads of compost/soil/mulch on our gardens and trees.
• We maintained all 12 gardens to our very high standards.
• Rotary Orangeville, Whispering Pines & Devonleigh Homes partnered to build a beautiful pagoda, close to Emergency entrance, out of western cedar that will have seating and lighting for patients, staff, visitors. It will be landscaped and have benches in the spring. (see photo)
• Home Hardware donated their beautiful fibreglass horse, 'Follow Your Dreams' to us and we will be creating a relaxing, environmental and fun seating area around her. (See photo)
• Eric Landman will be creating a practical and beautiful dry stone wall/gateway to encourage people to explore and enjoy all the garden spaces we have (see photo). We are currently fundraising for this project, separate to our annual fundraiser for maintenance of gardens and trees.
• A group of high school students of Centre Dufferin District High school, Shelburne, volunteered two days of their time to plant a new garden at 140 Rolling Hills and also dig and add environmental shrubs and flowers to Schenk Nature Garden.
• Our small but mighty group of volunteers would welcome a few new volunteers.
• John Wheelwright handmade a beautiful cedar bird feeder for the Kids' Garden.
• We planted 30 more shrubs and trees.. some unfortunately were replacing ones that had to be removed for expansion or environmental problems. We now have enough lightweight hoses to water all trees needing water...just need more volunteers for the trees.
We wish you and your family and friends a happy and healthy 2019.
Lynn and all my fellow volunteers
Please enjoy some of our garden photos on our website. You can always donate directly through our site too and be assured that 100% of your donation goes to the gardens. Tax receipts are issued for any amount exceeding $20.00.